Forever my favourite badass workout track! 👊💥💪
Work out to aid yourself to become better and stronger so you can be capable of facing your challenges head on like a badass.
Not to look like someone else.
Always remember that.
A common issue I notice with a lot of people trying to lose weight is not making the right food choices by making excuses why they can’t eat healthily. “I’m in a rush” or “It costs too much” or “I always eat out”, and they aren’t valid reasons. There are so many ways to eat healthily, and here’s a few I’ve adopted along the way and have worked for me;
- Make healthy swaps - I’ve found this is the best way to make being healthy less daunting, swapping your favourite unhealthy snacks for snacks that still satisfy your cravings and are healthy. For example, if you crave savoury snacks like crisps, swap these for nuts such as almonds or cashews. And if you crave sweet snacks like chocolate, swap these for grapes, berries and pineapples.
- Buy it frozen - not only does this make it easier when storing food, it’s so much easier to cook as well and is a lot cheaper than fresh produce if you can’t afford it.
- Only buy healthy fresh produce snacks - this is a bit like tough love, but when you have food in your kitchen that needs to be eaten within a certain time and no bad options to turn to, you’re more likely to stick to being healthy.
- Season your food instead of frying it - you may want to avoid having to grill/steam/boil because it may taste flavourless, but one of the best ways to add flavour with minimal calories is to add different seasoning and spices to your food to make it more interesting.
- Don’t buy anything if you don’t know three ingredients on the label - let alone if you can’t pronounce it! If you don’t know what is in it then why put it inside you?!
- You can binge on salad - I for one, don’t like restricting when it comes to food, it makes me miserable and food is supposed to be enjoyed! Although, it’s important to keep your portion sizes controlled (you can find out more on that here) a good thing to know that salad doesn’t contain that many calories and is packed with vitamins and nutrients essential for leading a healthy lifestyle, so feel free when adding it to your meals.
- Being healthy is YOUR choice - It’s your choice to be healthy if you want. It’s not always going to be pleasant and you will want to eat unhealthily at times, but remember if you want to be healthy then you have to make the right choices for that. If you want something bad enough in life, then you have to fully work for it
You are capable of doing anything any other human can do, why choose to inhibit yourself by saying you can’t do something?